There's no way to do this but a list.
Pros: (in no particular order) flechyr</lj>
- Cirque du Soleil's 'Love' - more dance review/extreme sports than the usual circus acts, but stunning once you let go of preconceptions. And I'm not that big a Beatles fan. At least, I wasn't..
- The Fab Four - a more 'traditional' Beatles review at the V theater (old Aladin/new planet hollywood casino & hotel). A spur of the moment on-site purchase that was too much fun. And I got a blinky cup!
- BLT - burger joint in the Mirage. Rare meat = Yum! And the SHAKES!!! *drool*
- Dolphin sex! (No, really, that's not a euphamism.) They weren't kidding when they said there were no scripted shows in the Secret Garden. There's no way they could've scripted that!
- Tiger cubs! OMG Cuuuuuuuuuuute!!!
- Lions, tigers, alpacas, Oh My! - It was a very animal Vegas trip, and not just the 2 legged variety.
- Kahunaville - surprisingly good food for Vegas-reasonable prices.
- Margaritaville - cute waitress (who reminded us of Misty), good margaritas, and once the house music shut off (thank god!) a surprisingly good cover band that went from Sting to Prince to pop-metal without missing a note. I doubt a one of the five was over 27 years old. Damn kids ;)
- Dueling Pianos at Harrah's - just wandered by. Stayed. Laughed. A lot.
- Star Trek slot machine - it SAVES YOUR PROGRESS! Dangerous...
- Making the last uncancelled flight home to Chicago. And finding the car *not* hopelessly buried in snow.
- 5 days of leisurely mornings, endless sight-seeing, and late nights spent with my love. Yes, flechyr</lj> , I *do* mean you! :P
- It was stupid cold for Vegas when we got there. And still 40 degrees warmer than Chicago when we left. We did miss the actual snow, which is also a con - if it was gonna be that cold, I shoulda gotten to see Vegas snow :(
- Having to come back to Chicago winter.
- There's something, I think in whatever they treat their water with, that sets my internals on edge. I'm sorry Dan, but I skipped the rum-n-cokes in favor of drinks with nothing but ice cubes from the local water sources. No idea if that's what made the difference from previous experience, but *shrug*.
If I missed anything, it was in the Pro column. Vegas is still fun, and still has too much to see even once it's not completely new. Next time -- 'Ka' or 'O' and Penn & Teller. At least, that's the *current* plan... ;D